Class of 2017
The 2017 Pro Football Hall of Fame list of Modern Era nominees included a total of 94 individuals under consideration for election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame as part of the Class of 2017. The nominees consisted of 77 players (45 offense, 32 defense) and 11 coaches. The Modern Era nominees were trimmed to 25 semifinalists in November and, from there, to 15 finalists in January.
Eighteen finalists were presented to the full 46-member Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee during its annual selection meeting on the eve of Super Bowl LI. The finalists consisted of 15 Modern Era finalists, the recently named senior candidate, Kenny Easley, and 2017 contributor candidates Jerry Jones and Paul Tagliabue.
The Selection Committee met on Saturday, February 4, 2017 in Houston to elect the Class of 2017. While there is no set number for any class of enshrinees, the selection process by-laws provide that between four and eight new members are selected.
For more information, please visit the Official Pro Football Hall of Fame Website at www.profootballhof.com.
Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Below are the seven heroes of the game to be inducted into the Class of 2017.
- Morten Andersen, Kicker – 1982-1994 New Orleans Saints, 1995-2000, 2006-07 Atlanta Falcons, 2001 New York Giants, 2002-03 Kansas City Chiefs, 2004 Minnesota Vikings
- Terrell Davis, Running Back – 1995-2001 Denver Broncos
- Kenny Easley, Safety – 1981-87 Seattle Seahawks
- Jerry Jones, Owner, President & General Manager – 1989-present Dallas Cowboys
- Jason Taylor, Defensive End – 1997-2007, 2009, 2011 Miami Dolphins, 2008 Washington Redskins, 2010 New York Jets
- LaDainian Tomlinson, Running Back – 2001-09 San Diego Chargers, 2010-11 New York Jets
- Kurt Warner, Quarterback – 1998-2003 St. Louis Rams, 2004 New York Giants, 2005-09 Arizona Cardinals