We are just weeks away from the 2017 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Weekend. Can you believe it? I want to make sure you make the most of your trip, so here are a few last minute things to know before you head to Canton.
Entry Procedures / Bag Policy
I cannot stress enough the importance of knowing and fully understanding the bag policy. The Pro Football Hall of Fame adheres to NFL Best Practices, thus security procedures used during all NFL games will be used at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium.
As you arrive at the gate for your security check, you and your belongings will be screened for prohibited items. All individuals are subject to a hand-wand screening.
Due to enhanced security procedures the only bags, packages or containers permitted to be carried into the stadium are the following:
- An officially licensed clear Hall of Fame or NFL logo bag measuring 12” x 6” x 12”. These bags are available for purchase at Store.ProFootballHOF.com
- A one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziplock bag or similar).
- A small women’s clutch bag approximately the size of a woman’s hand, with or without a strap.
- Medically necessary items will be admitted after being screened at the appropriate gate.
PLEASE PLAN ON ALLOWING EXTRA TIME TO ENTER THE STADIUM. Prohibited items discovered during inspections will not be allowed in the Stadium. You may return prohibited items to your vehicle or dispose of them at the gate.
For additional information regarding the clear bag policy please visit NFL.com/allclear.
If you bought hotel accommodations with one of our HOF Experiences packages, you will have transportation provided to and from the hotel and the Hall of Fame grounds. However, if you choose to drive a car, please be aware that parking is limited. Your options include:
- Preferred Parking next to the stadium is available for purchase. Guarantee yourself a reserved parking stall by visiting etix.com
- Parking is available at the Stark County Fairgrounds, which is just a few minutes away. Set your GPS to 700 Wertz Ave. NW, Canton, 44708. Use the SARTA Bus Shuttle for transportation to Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium. Directional signage is posted.
- Fairgrounds: Parking is $10 per car. RVs are $25 per vehicle. Shuttle transportation to the Hall of Fame (unlimited roundtrips) is $3 per person/per day.
Note: Parking is NOT AVAILABLE at the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
What to Wear
For the Friday Night Reception and Gold Jacket Ceremony, I would recommend dressing business casual. Some guests wear cocktail attire and some wear very casual attire, so a good middle ground would be business casual.
For the rest of the weekend, dress comfortably! Keep the weather in mind and feel free to show off your team spirit. I’ve seen guests wear jeans and others wear shorts. Many people wear t-shirts or jerseys showing off their favorite teams. I would recommend wearing sneakers so that you don’t have to deal with any potential blisters or sore feet. Sandals are also not a bad choice as long as you know they will hold up well throughout the day.
For more details on what to wear, check out our previous blog.
Don’t Have a Ticket Package? You Can Still Attend!
If you are looking to attend the 2017 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Weekend, then you came to the right place. We still have a few packages available – check them out by clicking below! Packages include access to the Hall of Fame sanctioned events, VIP parties and more.