We are gearing up for the biggest party of the year at the 2019 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Week Powered by Johnson Controls! We can't wait to see you in Canton as a new set of gold jackets are handed out to some of the most recognizable faces in football's vast lore. Whether you're there to celebrate a particular player or going to soak in the grandeur of it all, we know this will be a weekend to remember!
But as you prepare for your trip, you probably have a few questions about the experience as a whole. Well, we here at Pro Football Hall of Fame Experiences have the answers that you need!
Here are the things that you need to know before you pack your bags and head out to Canton:
What Does the Week Look Like?
To enjoy your weekend it's probably best to actually know when things are happening! Here's the list of events throughout Enshrinement Week Powered by Johnson Controls. Make sure to check out your Official Package to find out what events you have access to!
- Class of 2019 Autograph Session
- VIP Kickoff Tailgate Party
- Game Day Tailgate Party
- Hall of Fame Game
- VIP Gold Jacket Reception
- Enshrinees' Gold Jacket Ceremony
- Private Reception at the Hall of Fame
- Enshrinement Stage Photo
- Returning Gold Jacket Autograph Session
- Gold Jacket VIP Party
- Enshrinement Celebration Fan Party
- Gold Jacket Walk
- Class of 2019 Enshrinement Ceremony
- Breakfast with the Busts
- Enshrinees' Roundtable Luncheon
- Concert for Legends VIP Party
- Concert for Legends
What Clothes Should I Wear?
This is the main question people worry about when traveling for an event, but don't worry because we have you covered.
The Pro Football HOF is a classy event, but the social pressures of dressing to the nines luckily doesn't make its way to Canton. Instead, our VIP guests are able to dress more comfortably and appropriately to enjoy their experience. The only real "dress up" event of the weekend is the VIP Gold Jacket Reception and Gold Jacket Ceremony. We suggest attending these events in business casual dress. While you will see outfits on both ends of the spectrum here, the middle ground is the preferred, and safest, way to dress. For men, opt for a polo shirt or button down accompanied by a nice pair of slacks or khakis. For women, a regular dress or blouse with slacks should do the trick!
For the rest of your weekend, feel free to dress comfortably. You're there as a fan, so make sure to show it! Rock gear with your favorite team's logo or a jersey of one of your favorite players. Also, it should be in the 70's and 80's temperature wise, so dress appropriately.
How Does Parking Work Once I'm In Town?
So there's a few different options here:
- If you secured hotel accommodations with your HOF Experiences package, your transportation to the Hall of Fame grounds and back to the hotel are already provided. So congrats!
What Can I Do in Canton?
Places to Visit
- Canton Classic Car Museum
- 123 6th St SW, Canton, OH 44702
- William McKinley Presidential Library
- 800 McKinley Monument Dr NW, Canton, OH 44708
- Canton Palace Theatre
- 605 Market Ave N, Canton, OH 44702
- National First Ladies Library
- 205 Market Ave S, Canton, OH 44702
Places to Eat
- TD's Tailgate Grill
- 2234 Tuscarawas St W, Canton, OH 44708
- The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyard
- 1700 55th St NE, Canton, OH 44721
- Bender's Tavern
- 137 Court Ave SW, Canton, OH 44702
- Lucia's Steakhouse
- 4769 Belpar St NW, Canton, OH 44718
- The Rail
- 4347 Belden Village St NW, Canton, OH 44718
Places to Shop
- The Marketplace at Gervasi Vineyard
- 1700 55th St NE, Canton, OH 44721
- Belden Village Mall
- 4230 Belden Village St NW, Canton, OH 44718
Have Any More Questions?
We want to make sure you make the most out of your trip to the Pro Football HOF and have all of your questions answered! While we've answered most of the high level questions, make sure to check out our FAQ for any more of your inquiries!
If you have any more specific questions, comment on this blog and we'll reach out ASAP.